- This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to the GEAR website; and
- people who create an account with us.
- The information we collect about you:
- When you create an account in the GEAR website, we collect the following personal information from you:
- First and last names
- Email address
- Years of experience (optional, account input)
- Gender (optional, account input)
- How we will use the information about you:
- We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as providing you with a newsletter subscription, sending relevant communications, and personalizing your experience.
- We will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes.
- We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
- How we protect your information:
- We have put in place security measures to safeguard your personal information, including the use of a password to access your account and CAPTCHA, a program designed to distinguish between human and machine input, during registration.
- We do not store any sensitive personal information on our website, aside from the information you provide in the account details.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
- However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
- We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
- Your consent:
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- Links to other websites
o Data Access and Integrity
To update your personal information and communication preference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.